I had some left over shrimp from all the holiday celebrating and although I personally don’t eat seafood my husband loves it.. and I love cooking and especially cooking for him, so I whipped up this easy shrimp alfredo pasta dish.. He gave it two thumbs up 🙂 It takes no time at all to prepare and makes a great easy meal. Serves 6 at 5 smart points per serving..
Shrimp alfredo pasta casserole
- 1.5 cups cooked whole wheat pasta 225g I measure uncooked, see picture below for pasta info
- 1 cup diced peppers I used red and yellow
- 1/2 cup diced onion I used red onion
- 1 bunch or green onion
- 2 cups cooked shrimp I used the shrimp left over from a shrimp ring.
- 1/2 cup light alfredo sauce see picture below for my brand and info
- 2 Tbsp light ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh asiago cheese substitute with parmesan if you wish
- Boil your pasta in water in the stove until tender, drain. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cut your peppers, onion and green onion and add to a large bowl, add in your shrimp and cooked pasta. Stir in your alfredo sauce and ranch dressing, mix well.
- Pour out into casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings at 5sp or 5pp each (about 1 1/3 cups each) Nutritional info (not including veggies) per serving Calories.. 186... Fat 3.5g... Saturated fat 1.3g... Carbs 28.8g... Fiber 4g... Sugars 2g.. Protein 9.8g