Who doesn't love scallop potatoes... but this all time favorite dish usually means you need to fork over about half of your daily points to enjoy some! 😉 But not these yummy sausage ones... only 8 smart points for a serving, and they are delicious! Filled with sausages and a creamy cheesy sauce this dish served with a side salad will leave you feeling content.. and you'll be happy to still have points left to enjoy a dessert. 🙂
Sausage & scallop potato casserole
- 5 medium potatoes washed and sliced very thin
- 3 chicken sausages cooked and sliced
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoon light margarine
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup 1% milk
- salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅔ cup light grated cheese
- 3 tablespoon fat free or light cream cheese
- Slice your potatoes into very thin circles, you can use a slicer but I just did it the old fashioned way with a knife. Slice your cooked sausages.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish, preheat oven to 350F.
- On the stove top in a pan on med-low heat melt your margarine. Stir in flour and let cook for a minute. Then whisk in your milk, add dash of salt & pepper and your oregano. Leave on stove top till sauce thickens and becomes creamy, stirring often. This can take 10 minutes to thicken..
- Once sauce is thick add your grated cheese and stir well.
- Layer half of your potato slices in the casserole dish, top with all of your sausage slices and then your onions. Add your cream cheese in small 1 teaspoon dollops evenly.
- Pour just over half of your cheese sauce mix over the potatoes. Top with remaining potatoes and then pour the remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and cook in oven for approx. 60 minutes, you can remove foil for the last 5 minutes. Makes 6 servings at 8sp or 7pp each
- Nutritional info. per serving.. Calories 290.. Fat 7.7g... Saturated fat 3.2g... Carbs 38.3g... Fiber 2.4g... Sugars 2.6g... Protein 16.1g