With September just a few days away you can expect all the pumpkin recipes to start showing up, but I say “why wait”? I love pumpkin anything and I will make recipes all year long, in this house it definitely does not need to be fall to enjoy some delicious pumpkin recipes. Granola is one of my favorite things to eat, although it can usually be high in points on MyWW I find a little can go a long way. This pumpkin spice granola was so simple to make and tastes amazing! I just use a small amount with my yogurt and some fruit to make a satisfying meal or snack. This tasty recipe is 2SP on the purple program for 1/3 cup serving and 4SP on both blue and green programs. 2-4PP per serving on the personal points program.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chopped pecans
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Pumpin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
Tips and suggestions…
Oats- any quick oats or baking oats will work for this recipe.
Nuts- Feel free to use something other than pecans, almonds and walnuts will work just as well, be sure to chop them into pieces.
Syrup- I used E.D.Smith no sugar added syrup, it resembles a maple syrup and is just 5 points for 1/2 cup. Any sugar-free syrup will work, maybe you can find a pumpkin flavored one that will add some extra flavor.
Feel free to add in some dried fruits such as cranberries, raisins, and blueberries, just keep in mind this will increase the point value for MyWW programs. Another great addition would be some mini chocolate chips, add these in after it has baked and cooled.
Storing the granola
Keep the granola in an air-tight container, it should last 3-4 months. You can also freeze granola.
Pumpkin spice granola
- 3 cups oats *quick oats are fine
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds *I used unhulled seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F, lightly spray a large baking sheet with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix together oats, pumpkin seeds and pecans.
- In a small bowl add the syrup and coconut oil together, microwave for approximately 30 seconds or until the oil has melted.
- Pour mixture over the oats and add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla then mix in the salt and pumpkin pie spice, stir well.
- Spread mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.Let cool completely, the granola will get crunchier as it cools.
- Store the granola in an airtight container, the recipe makes 14- 1/3 cup servings.