I wanted to bake a cookie... and well it is September.. so "duh" pumpkin cookies it is 😉 I did'nt want to just bake up a sweet cookie though I wanted it to be hearty and filling, something you could have not only for a snack but also for a good grab and go breakfast.. Yes that's right, I believe one can eat cookies for breakfast!! These pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chips cookies are amazing.. I gobbled up two immediately and found them very satisfying.. At only 2 smart points each you can treat yourself to a few. 🙂
Pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chips cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix your oats, pumpkin seeds and pumpkin spice.
- In a small bowl whisk together your egg and egg white, pour into your oat mixture.
- Add in your pumpkin, apple sauce, syrup and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto cookie sheet, using hands shape into cookies, they will not change shape while baking.
- Bake for approx 18-20 minutes.
- Makes 20 cookies at 2 smart points each (2 points plus) Store in sealed container, after a day best store in fridge, will freeze well.
- Nutritional info per cookie (not incl pumpkin) Calories 56... Fat 2.7g...Sat fat 0.7g...Carbs 6.3g... Fiber 0.9g... Sugars 1.3g...Protein 2.3g