Sunday and crock pots just seem to go together for me. 🙂 I love waking up (late…) and just being able to pop dinner in the crock pot, turn a switch and voila, dinner is done! This tenderloin was a first for me, and I have to say it was one of the best pieces of pork I have ever had. The flavor of the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon is a perfect combination, it wasn’t too strong and it was nice and tender. Plus an added bonus was the house smelled delicious, just like a Sunday fall day should. 🙂
Pork tenderloin with apples, cinnamon & brown sugar
- 1 2.5-3 lb pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1.5 T brown sugar
- 1 apple cut into thin slices any apple is fine, choose your favorite. I used a Macintosh
- 1 t cinnamon
- Slice the tenderloin all the way down, about 3/4 inch apart.
- Rub the brown sugar evenly over the tenderloin. Fill the cuts with 2 slices of apple, if you use a large apple then one slice may be good. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place the broth on bottom of crock pot and put pork in to cook on low for 3.5-4 hours, until nice and tender. 4sp or 4pp per 4oz serving
- Nutritional info (not including apple) per 4oz serving.. Calories 184... Fat 6.9g... Saturated fat 2.4g... Carbs 2.8g... Fiber 0.2g... Sugars 2.5g... Protein 26.2g