Grilling season is upon us, or if your like me you barbecue all year round.. and here in Canada it's not always comfortable standing outside in -30c temperatures to cook lol.. but I love cooking my food on the BBQ and I love a good burger.. I wanted to create a simple stuffed burger and I had some pepperoni in the fridge that needed to be used up so the rest is history.. these pizza stuffed beef burgers are so tasty and filling.. I know sometimes when it comes to having your burger the bun is where everyone is not willing to sacrifice all those points.. Flatout foldit's work perfect for burgers and the 5 grain and flax one that I use are only 2 smart points.. I love that with Flatout breads I can still keep a delicious burger on bread within my daily points. Check out Flatout's store locator to find them near you! You can add in additional toppings to either the meat mixture or in your burgers when you stuff them, I kept it simple and just used pepperoni & cheese.. These stuffed burgers are only 4 smart points each, pop them on your flatout bread and you have a great meal for 6 smart points..
Pizza stuffed burgers on Flatout fold its
- 1 lb raw extra lean ground beef you can sub for turkey if you prefer
- 2 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce see pic below, different than pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- TO STUFF BURGERS
- ¼ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella I used the Trader Joe's brand
- 12 slices of pepperoni you can refer to my product reviews to see my brand and nutri info
- 4 teaspoon pizza sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Heat your barbecue to warm up
- In a bowl mix your ground beef, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon pizza sauce and 2 teaspoon seasoning.
- Shape into 4 balls, each one weighing approx 4oz
- Break each one in half, and flatten out both pieces.
- On one piece add 1 teaspoon pizza sauce, 3 slices of pepperoni and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, finish with a sprinkle of italian seasoning, top with other piece of beef and close edges so nothing will come out while cooking.
- Cook on barbecue turning a few times til meat is cooked right through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve on a flatout fold it to keep points low.
- Each burger is 4 smart points (or 5 points plus)
- Nutritional info per burger (not incl bread) Calories 192...Fat 7.3g...Sat fat 2.5g...Carbs 3.8g...Fiber 0.6g...Sugars 0.4g...Protein 28.5g