I wanted to whip up a quick and easy appetizer for your New Years Eve celebrations before I fly out to the Caribbean.. Yup, I will be soaking up the sun this New Years Eve, heading to Dominican Republic and so looking forward to shutting down for the week.. just me (and my hubby & daughter) the sun, sand, ocean and a few cocktails 🙂 If your planning a party or going to one these pizza meatball cups are delicious, and so easy to make! Makes 16 at just 3 smart points each.. I hope you all enjoy your celebrations, Happy New Year to you all and stay safe!
Pizza meatball mini cups
- 12 oz raw extra lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 3 Tbsp bread crumbs
- Dash salt & pepper
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 package reduced fat pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a large baking sheet with some foil and spray foil with some cooking spray. Make your meatballs first *Note- you can use frozen meatballs to save on time but you will have to adjust points accordingly, I prefer to make my own and I added a little pizza flare to mine.
- Mix your ground beef with your bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp of your pizza sauce, add in salt & pepper and 1 tsp italian seasoning.
- Roll out beef mixture into balls, each one weighing approx 0.7 oz, cook in oven for approx 25 minutes, turning over half way.
- Lower oven to 375F, roll out your crescent dough. Cut each triangle in half and place dough pieces into a sprayed mini muffin tin. Sprinkle a small amount of cheese into each cup, about 1/2 Tbsp.
- In a bowl mix your cooked meatballs with remaining pizza sauce, place 1 meatball into each dough cup.
- Sprinkle a little more cheese on each meatball, about another 1/2 Tbsp so that each cup has 1 Tbsp of cheese in each, top with remaining italian seasoning.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately, makes 16 meatball cups at 3 smart points each (3 points plus)
- *Note- you can make ahead of time and warm up before serving.
- Nutritional info per cup, Calories.. 104...Fat 4.5g...Sat fat 2g...Carbs 8.4g..Fiber 0.2g..Sugars 2g..Protein 8.3g