These little ooey gooey treats are delicious and all for only 3 smart points each, definitely worth the sticky fingers! 😉 They are made with a maple syrup to give them their sticky texture but you can’t taste too much of the maple, I myself am not a huge maple fan and I loved these! No oven needed, so a perfect no-bake treat to whip up on a hot day..
Peanut butter chocolate rice krispie granola treats
3sp or 2pp each
- 1 3/4 cup rice krispies
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light maple syrup (or a sugar free)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp light peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Spray a 9 inch pan and set aside
- In a large bowl mix your cereal, oats and chopped almonds.
- In a small pan on the stove top bring your maple syrup and brown sugar just to a boil, immediately remove from stove and stir in your peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well and pour over your dry mixture.
- Stir mixture well and add chocolate chips, spoon into your 9 inch dish. Slightly wet your hands and pat down on the mixture till its all even in dish. Using a knife cut into 16 squares while mixture is soft and in the dish.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Makes 16 squares at 3sp or 2pp each, store in fridge.
- Nutrtional info, per square.. Calories 76.. Fat 2.6g.. Saturated fat 0.6g... Carbs 12.4g... Fiber 0.8g.. Sugars 6.5g.. Protein 1.5g
Could you use Pb2 in this?
I think in wet form, yes.
This recipe was a huge hit with my whole family. The only thing I did not use were almonds just because my younger sisters don’t like nuts. All in all I will be making this again! It’s fantastic for 3sp!
So happy to hear everyone enjoyed them.. I love these in the summer when you don’t want to turn the oven on 😉
This looks great! One question, what is light peanut butter? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in the store before.
Hi, here in Canada we sell Kraft light peanut butter but honestly I think its same points as regular so any PB is fine 🙂
I made this yesterday! Tasted delicious but it all crumbled in the pan, I had it in the fridge overnight & this morning when cutting it up, it all crumbled.
Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong?!
It sounds like you didn’t have enough wet ingredients or shall I say “sticky” lol mine was very sticky