I am all about simple…yet delicious 🙂 Sometime I hear desserts like “apple strudel” and I think “ugh” that sounds way too difficult.. but I have come to learn that putting just a few simple ingredients together can turn into something amazing… like this easy peasy peanut butter apple strudel. Within 10 minutes you can have this dish in the oven and making your house smell like heaven…on a fall day 🙂 It makes 4 servings at only 3 smart points or 2 points plus each, however if your anything like me you can just share it with your significant other and call it 2 servings at 6sp/4pp each! 😉
Peanut butter apple strudel
3 sp or 2pp/serving
- 4 apples (peeled and diced (I used gala apples, you can use your favorite))
- 1 Tbsp melted light peanut butter (I use Kraft light, you can also substitute with PB2)
- 2.5 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 Tbsp melted light margarine
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 8 inch dish, I used a round dish.
- Peel and dice your apples, spread into the bottom of your dish.
- Melt your peanut butter in the microwave, I usually do mine for 35 seconds, remove and lightly stir then back in for another 20-25 seconds. Drizzle with a spoon over your apples.
- In a small bowl mix your brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together. Melt your margarine for about 30 seconds and slowly pour into your dry mixture and stir until a crumb mixture is formed. Sprinkle over top of your drizzled apple pieces.
- Bake in oven for approx 35 minutes.
- Serve warm, makes 4 servings at 3sp or 2pp each.
- Nutritional info, not including apples, per serving.. Calories 78... Fat 2.5g... Saturated fat 0.4g... Carbs 13.6g... Fiber 0.7g... Sugars 8.6g... Protein 1.2g
Can you use PB2? If so how much would you use?
Hi you can use it but I am not too sure how much as I have never used it, I don’t care for it, I would say make it in wet form and use same amount
Pingback: Slow Cooker Baked Apples with Gingersnaps | Weight Watchers Recipes
I made this tonight and my whole family loved it! It was delicious!
Hi Mary, so glad everyone enjoyed it 🙂