I was in the mood for making a new donut, one that wasn’t too decadent but still hit the spot! 🙂 These oatmeal chocolate chip donuts are perfect, full of hearty oats and just enough chocolate to finish them off with some sweetness. They are only 82 calories each, 2-3PP if following WW. They make a great dessert or even a grab-and-go breakfast.
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Apple sauce
- Almond milk
- Mini chocolate chips
- Icing *optional
For the oats, I usually use Quaker large flake oats however quick oats will work just as well.
You can substitute the almond milk for regular milk if necessary.
For the icing, I sometimes buy the container of Betty Crocker icing, or you can easily make a small amount using a little icing sugar (a.k.a confectionary sugar) and milk. If I do use icing you really don’t need much, just a little drizzle will really sweeten up these donuts.
Oatmeal chocolate chip donuts
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp apple sauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 6 hole donut pan.
- In a small bowl mix all of your dry ingredients together.
- Stir in your apple sauce, milk, and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill donut pan and bake in oven for 16 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan using a knife to scrape around edges. Makes 6 donuts at 2-3 personal points, 3sp on blue & green, 2SP on purple or 2 points plus each. Best stored in the fridge. Optional, top with vanilla icing, you don't need much, I pipe 1 Tbsp out of a small zip lock bag and can get enough to cover all 6, wont add points for 1 donut but if you have 2 I would add a point for icing.
- Nutritional info, per donut (not including icing) Calories 82... Fat 1.9g... Saturated fat 0.7g... carbs 14.8g... Fiber 1.7g... Sugars 4.9g... Protein 1.8g..