This is one of my favorite decadent breakfast and it is super easy to make. It’s a sandwich and pancakes all in one! Just 7 smart points..Treat yourself to one today, would also make a great dessert..
cookie butter pancake sandwich
- 2 slices of low calorie bread I use Smart Lite 35, bought in the U.S, 2 pieces = 2SP
- 1/2 Tbsp nutella
- Pancake mix I used 1/4 cup Kodiak cakes, mixed with 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 square of Lindt 70% dark chocolate melted for your drizzle
- Fresh strawberries
- Warm a pan over medium on stove, coat with a little cooking spray.
- Stir your pancake mix and water together.
- Spread your nutella on your bread, and pour your pancake batter over your sandwich to coat both sides and edges.
- Cook on skillet as you would pancakes, make sure you get edges as well, sometimes you need to hold the sandwich, just so the pancake batter cooks.
- Cut in half, top with strawberries, chocolate drizzle and whip cream. To melt chocolate I do it in 30 second intervals in microwave turning each time.
- When using 1SP bread (even for 2 pieces) the sandwich is 7 smart points