This right here folks... was one of the best breakfast treats I have had in a long time.. It was just like a warm blueberry cinnamon roll and was worth the 7 smart points it cost me! It is really easy to make...you just might want to make sure you have 3 people to share it with...because you might be tempted for seconds! 😉
Mixed berry monkey bread pie
- 1-7.5 oz pkg of pillsbury biscuits In the 4 value pack, if you can't find those you can use the bigger pack and weigh out 7.5oz so you know points won't change, and you might need to cut the biscuits into 6 instead of 4
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup no sugar added jam melted (I used a raspberry/blackberry kind)
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon white icing I used Betty Crocker
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a round 8 inch dish and set aside.
- In a bag mix your sugar and cinnamon. Cut your biscuits into 4 pieces each.
- Add about 10 pieces at a time to the cinnamon sugar bag and shake well to coat. You will have left over sugar. I only calculated points based of 1 tablespoon of sugar but it helps to have more in the bag for better coating.
- Place pieces in your dish and spread evenly.
- Melt your jam in the microwave for approx. 35-45 seconds. Drizzle onto your biscuit pieces and then top with your fresh blueberries.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Edges will start to turn a golden brown when done. Put your icing in a small zip lock bag and cut of a small hole to drizzle on top of the pie, do this as soon as it is out of the oven.
- Cut into 4 slices and serve warm. Each slice is 7sp or 5pp..Enjoy 🙂
- Nutritional info (not incl berries) per serving.. Calories 201... Fat 2.3g.. Saturated fat 0.2g.. Carbs 43.6g.. Fiber 2.1g... Sugars 14g.. Protein 3.6g