These mini protein waffles are so simple to make and a great way to start the day! If you don’t have a mini waffle maker you can make full-size ones as well. I didn’t use any sugar in the batter, I sweeten them up by adding fresh berries and a sprinkle of icing sugar on top but if you use sugar substitutes feel free to add in a little if you find it needs it. I’ve also added a simple way to change them into chocolate mini waffles in the directions. Recipe serves 4, 2 mini waffles each serving, 3SP on blue/purple, 4SP green.
Mini protein waffles
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk *I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp vanilla protein powder *any brand is fine
- 2 tsp baking powder
- In a bowl whisk the egg, add in the milk and yogurt, stir well.
- Mix in the flour, protein powder, and baking powder.
- Heat up your mini waffle maker, I always spray mine with some non-stick spray. Cook according to the waffle maker's directions. The waffle batter will make 8 mini waffles, you can use a full-size waffle maker if you don't have a mini one, it should make 3-4 waffles depending on the size of your waffle maker. Each serving is 2 mini waffles.
- You can easily switch this recipe to make chocolate protein waffles, use chocolate protein powder and use 1/2 cup of flour with 1/4 cup cocoa powder. You can also add in some chocolate chips, sprinkles or small wild blueberries just be sure to adjust any points.