One more peppermint inspired recipe before we are full swing into Christmas.. Man I can’t believe we are just a few days away, although I say that every year, do we ever get to a point in our life where we are ready for it 😉 These peppermint mini cheesecake bites were requested by a facebook follower and I am happy she did. They are so delicious and a great 2 point treat to serve your guests this holiday!
Mini peppermint cheesecake bites
- 1/2 cup oreo crumbs picture below
- 1.5 Tbsp melted margarine
- 6 oz softened light cream cheese
- 1.5 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp milk I used 1%
- 3 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 crushed candy cane 13g
- 2 tiny drops red food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a mini muffin tin with 18 liners.
- In a bowl mix your oreo crumbs with your melted margarine. Divide crumbs into your 18 cups and push down. Bake in oven for 5 minutes, remove to cool but leave oven on.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer blend your cream cheese, sugar, flour, milk, egg whites, peppermint extract and candy cane bits together. Blend til smooth and creamy.
- Stir in food coloring if you want them pink, you don't have to color them if you don't want to.
- Spoon into your 18 cups, about 1 Tbsp in each, bake in oven for 15 minutes. Let cool then remove from tin and chill in fridge for approx 1 hour.
- When ready to serve top with a little whip cream and additional candy cane bits, whip cream will melt so only add on when ready to serve, you could also use a tiny icing.
- Makes 18 mini cheesecake bites at 2 smart points on all 3 MyWW programs each or 1 point plus.
- Nutritional info per bite.. Calories 42..Fat 2.2g...Sat fat 1.2g..Carbs 4.3g...Fiber 0.2g...Sugar 3g..Protein 0.8g