Who likes candy cane?? I do... I do.. I am seriously that person at Christmas time that buys candy canes, not to give away or hang on the tree but to stash in the cupboard and savor them. 🙂 It's just like lollipops, I think they make a great night time treat that is low in points and as long as you don't crunch it up in seconds they can last a long time.. So I will enjoy any baked treat over the holidays that has candy cane in it.. like these yummy and easy to make mini candy cane cookies, with a sugar cookie taste these soft and chewy cookies are exploding with candy cane flavor! Best part... 2 cookies for 1 point plus or 1 cookie for 1 smart point 🙂
Mini candy cane crunch cookies
- 2.5 tablespoon calories reduced margarine
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoon egg whites I buy the carton of just egg whites
- ½ teaspoon pure mint extract
- ¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon crushed candy cane bits
- Sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a large cookie sheet.
- Using an electric mixer beat your margarine and sugar together, add in your egg whites and extract and continue beating.
- Mix in your flour and soda with a spoon. Fold in your candy cane pieces.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet, keep them small. Optional to top with sprinkles before going in the oven.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes.
- Makes 42 mini cookies, 1SP each on all 3 MyWW programs, 2 cookies for 1PP (old program)
- Nutritional info (adapted from my fitness pal) per cookie.. Calories 30... Fat 0.3g... Saturated fat 0g... Carbohydrates 6g... Fiber 0.1g... Sugars 4.9g...Protein 0.3g