Its been raining non stop today, so it was a cupcake kinda baking day! 🙂 There's nothing better than a delicious 2 point little bite of heaven and that's exactly what these blueberry lemon cupcakes are. 🙂 They were really easy to whip up and everyone will love them.
Mini blueberry lemon cupcakes
- 1 cup lemon cake mix I used Duncan Hines
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon just egg whites
- 1.5 tablespoon apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup fresh blueberries try and use smaller blueberries to prevent a mess
- ¼ cup vanilla icing such as Betty Crocker You can also use icing sugar/water
- Yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a mini muffin tin and set aside.
- Mix your cake mix and lemon zest together, add in egg whites, apple sauce, vanilla and water.
- Very gently fold in your blueberries.
- Divide batter into 24 mini cupcakes, try and make sure your not getting too many blueberries in each cupcake or you'll have a big mess of one.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool, meanwhile mix your icing with some yellow food coloring. Pipe icing from a bag onto cooled cupcake. Each cupcake is 2sp or 1pp. You can half the recipe for 12 cupcakes.
- Nutritional info (not incl berries) per cupcake.. Calories 37... Fat 0.9g.. Saturated fat 0.3g... Carbs 6.5g.. Fiber 0g.. Sugars 4.6g.. Protein 0.3g