Who here makes a chili for Superbowl?? It's just kind of a tradition isn't it? I love a good chili but unfortunately I just don't care for beans, I will eat baked beans once in a blue moon but my ideal chili is bean free.. so I made one.. and I promise in this delicious meat lovers chili you won't miss the beans! Serve this up at the big game and it is sure to be gobbled up.. makes 9, 1.5 cup servings at only 5 smart points per serving.
Meat lovers chili
- 2- 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 5.5 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup reduced fat tomato sauce
- Red pepper diced
- Green pepper diced
- Red onion diced
- 1 lb raw extra lean ground beef
- 4 chicken sausages I used the Al fresco (picture below, incl nutri info to compare)
- 10 pieces back bacon the brand and nutri info I used pictured below, info is per 5 pieces
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.5 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon franks hot sauce optional
- In a frying pan brown your ground beef, drain.
- Cook your back bacon in a pan for 2 minutes turning over once, you can also brown your chicken sausages, they are pre-cooked but I still like to brown them for a few minutes in pan.
- Turn your crock pot on to high.
- Add in your diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced peppers and diced onion. Mix well.
- Cut up your chicken sausages and bacon into small pieces. Add to your crock pot along with your cooked ground beef.
- Stir in your chili powder, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, salt & pepper and franks sauce.
- Cook on high for 2 hours then turn to warm. Serve when ready.
- Makes 9- 1.5 cup serving. 5 smart points per serving (5PP) Store in fridge for a few days, chili will freeze well.
- Nutritional info per serving (not including peppers/onion) Calories 192...Fat 6.2g...Sat fat 1.9g...Carbs 10.4g...Fiber 2.7g...Sugars 5.3g....Protein 23.2g
- *optional to top with little shredded cheese and bacon crumble, add 1 point for this.