I was born in England and I like to think that’s why I have such a love for meat & potato pie. 🙂 This pie is my little twist on shepherd’s pie and it’s delicious! Just a few ingredients needed and you can have this served up in no time and its only 7 smart points per serving.
Meat and potato pie
- 1 package reduced fat pillsbury crescent rolls
- 8 oz cooked lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 package beef oxo 4.5g, similar to a beef bullion cube
- 1.5 cups mashed potatoes about 3 small potatoes
- 1/2 cup light shredded cheese I use a WW mexican blend
- Boil potatoes til nice and tender and mash (I use 1 Tbsp light margarine and a splash of milk)
- Cook your ground beef in a pan on stove, drain fat.
- Add ground beef to a small pot, add in diced onion and oxo pack. Fill pot with lightly boiled water and simmer on stove top on med-low for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F, open up your pillsbury rolls and make a crust in a sprayed 8 inch round pie dish, this will involve some breaking up of dough pieces. Bake in oven for 5 minutes and remove (this will prevent middle from being doughy)
- Drain your ground beef mixture and add to pie crust. Top with your mashed potatoes. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and sprinkle cheese on top, return to oven for 3-4 minutes to melt cheese. Makes 6 servings at 7sp on all 3 MyWW programs or 6pp per serving.
- Nutritional info, per slice.. Calories... 249... Fat 7g...Saturated fat 3g... Carbs... 30.7g... Fiber 1g... Sugars 4.5g.. Protein... 14.8g