Sweet potatoes kinda fall under the same category as pumpkin use to for me, wasn’t really a fan until I actually started baking with it in the kitchen and to my surprise I enjoyed it.. So I wanted to find ways to get me enjoying sweet potato…and I mean HELLO bacon 😉 You put bacon around anything and I am bound to try it.. These maple bacon sweet potato bites were delicious! They are a great snack while watching the big game, or a perfect side dish, at just 1 smart point each you can have a few!
Maple bacon sweet potato bites
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbsp sugar free syrup see picture for what I used
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Low point bacon I use Oscar Mayer center cut
- Preheat oven to 375F, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut your sweet potato, I used 1 large one, cut into 1 inch cubes, I got about 30 pieces from my one potato.
- In a bowl mix your cut potato pieces with your syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut your bacon pieces in half and wrap a piece around each potato, use a toothpick to seal and place on your baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for approx 35-40 minutes or until bacon is cooked, turn over at the 20-25 minutes mark.
- Serve warm, each piece is 1 smart points. *Optional to serve with some syrup for dipping
- * Please note, I did not figure nutritional info out for these, when it's something with just a few ingredients I use simple math in my head to determine points.