I had leftover mashed potatoes and then saw some egg roll wrappers in my fridge...and well the rest is the result of a little imagination.. I love making rolls with different fillings using egg roll wrappers, you can usually find these at your local grocery store in the produce section. These loaded mashed potato rolls are simply delicious.. and only 3 points plus or 3 smart points each, a great appetizer or little snack!
Loaded mashed potato rolls
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 1 medium potato boiled and mashed (I usually just put a splash of milk when I mash)
- ¼ cup light shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a baking sheet.
- Boil your potato and mash it up with a hand masher using just a splash of milk.
- Add in the cream cheese, shredded cheese and bacon bit and mix well.
- Lay out your wrappers on a diagonal and spoon some potato mixture into your wrapper (about 2T worth) roll up and half way tuck in sides, seal of the end with a little water.
- Bake in oven for approx 16-18 minutes checking they don't pop open. Makes 10 rolls at 3pp or 3sp each, serve with sour cream for dipping, or in my case a little light ranch dressing..
- Nutritional info for each roll (adapted from my fitness pal) Calories 106... Fat 0.8g... Saturated fat 0.4g... Carbohydrates 19.2g... Fiber 1.2g... Sugars 2.2g... Protein 4.5g