Who needs more christmas cookie recipes?? My mother in law makes the almond crescent cookies every year, but I am sure hers have a pound or two of butter in them and we won't even talk about the sugar 😉 So I decided to try and create a weight watcher friendly version of these ever so popular cookies.. I think my end result was one tasty sweet treat, I took them to my WW meeting and everyone agreed! Go bake some up today, just 2 smart points each.
lightened up almond crescent cookies
- ⅓ cup light butter room temperature I used Gay Lea light (pictured below and I showed you the nutritional info so you can compare with maybe a different brand)
- ⅓ cup 0% plain yogurt greek or reg (I used Skyr by PC available in Canada)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup almond flour meal
- 3-4 tablespoon icing sugar confectionery sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl cream together your butter, sugar and yogurt. Add in your extracts.
- Slowly sift in your flour and then your almond flour. Dough will be crumbly.
- Using your hands form into a few small dough balls.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of dough at a time and shape into your cookies, place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes cookies should be a golden brown on the bottom.
- Let cool 10 minutes then dust with your icing sugar.
- Makes 36 cookies, 2 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs or 1 point plus. Cookies best stored in fridge after first day.
- Nutritional info per cookie.. Calories..55.. Fat 3g...Sat fat 0.7g... Carbs 5.8g... Fiber 0.5g.. Sugar 2.1g .. protein 1.2g