I love all things potato, any way you cook them I'll eat it haha! There is nothing quite like a delicious stuffed loaded potato and these jalapeno loaded potatoes are so good! They have just enough spice to them from the jalapeno without going too crazy and they are simple to make. The recipe makes 8 but you can easily half it if you don't need that many, 6SP on both blue and green MyWW programs, 4SP on purple.
Storing and re-heating...
Place any leftover potatoes in the fridge for up to 2 days. You can freeze them, to re-heat cook from frozen in the oven at 375F for 20-25 minutes.
Substitutions and add-ins...
If you are not a fan of jalapenos you can leave them out although they do add a nice overall spicy flavor to them. You could use regular green pepper or some diced green onions. Feel free to add some diced tomatoes.
You can use any shredded cheese, I liked cheddar for this recipe but a 3 cheese blend would work well. If you are not worried about the MyWW points you could replace the sour cream with goat cheese or cream cheese for a cheesy creamier potato.
Bacon- If you are in the U.S you can use the center cut bacon, 6 slices cooked and chopped up. Here in Canada, we can't get the center cut so a good alternative is real bacon bits.
Jalapeno loaded baked potato
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup fat-free sour cream
- ⅓ cup 1% milk
- 2 tablespoon light butter
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoon real bacon bits *or 6 slices of cooked center cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 400F, wash potatoes then brush with olive oil, bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Let potatoes cool, then cut each in half and scoop out the center leaving ½ inch of potato on the skins.
- In a bowl mix together the potato, sour cream, milk, butter, ranch seasoning, salt & pepper, most of the diced jalapeno (leave a little aside for topping) ½ cup of cheese (leave remaining aside) and 3 tablespoon bacon bits
- Spoon the mixture into the 8 potato skins, top with remaining cheese, jalapeno and bacon.
- Bake in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.