I love baking loaves.. There is nothing quite like a fresh warm delicious loaf and I love making them weight watcher friendly.. Although it is spring this honey spice loaf reminded me of a cool fall day and sometimes I feel spring mornings have that same feel in the air.. The smell will win you over and it tastes better than it smells.. Makes 10 generous servings at 4 points each.
Honey spice loaf
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg whites I use liquid egg whites from carton
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 3 Tbsp sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk your egg and egg whites together, mix in your brown sugar.
- Add your apple sauce, honey and vanilla and stir well.
- Mix in flour, spices and baking powder & soda.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, sprinkle almonds on top and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until top of loaf is set.
- Let cool 1 hour then cut into 10 slices. 4 smart points each, blue, green & purple (3 points plus)
- Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 117...Fat 1.9g..Sat fat 0.2g...Carbs 21.9g...Fiber 0.8g..Sugar 9.7g..Protein 2.9g