Depending on where you live, most kids returned to school today, my daughter started grade 8 and I thought I would bake her up a fun after school snack… And nothing says fun quite like SPRINKLES!!! I love these funfetti cake donuts, so decadent and yummy. They are actually on my Drizzle me sweet App available in the App store and features 100 weight watcher sweet treat recipes.. I decided to add them to my blog and I changed them up just a little bit.. You can eat them as is or add a little icing for extra sweetness! Just 95 calories and 3 smart points each..
Funfetti cake donuts
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp white cake mix or funfetti cake mix
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp egg whites I use liquid egg whites in carton
- 1/3 cup milk I used 1%
- 2 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- Icing optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 6 hole donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix your flour, cake mix, sugar and baking powder (*note- I always keep a box of cake mix in the cupboard, it has a great shelf life, just keep in a sealed bag once opened and you can use it in other donut recipes or add a little to your morning pancakes/waffles)
- Stir in your milk, vanilla and egg whites then fold in your sprinkles.
- Fill your donut pan and bake in oven for approx 12-14 minutes.
- Makes 6 donuts at 3 smart points each (blue, purple & green) (2PP) optional to add 1tsp icing for an extra point.
- Nutritional info per donut (not incl icing) Calories 95...Fat 1.7g..Sat fat 0.2g... Carbs 16.8g... Fiber 0.5g... Sugars 6g.. Protein 2.3g