I teamed up with Flatout again this month to bring you another creation using their awesome bread products. I was thinking back to when I was in my early 20's and I was a server at an English pub, born in England I have a great love for all things British 🙂 One of our signature desserts was a deep fried jam butty, and yes it was as delicious as it sounds 😉 but probably a million points.. 2 slices of bread, loaded up with jam, dipped in batter and deep fried, served with ice cream..it was heaven in your mouth 🙂 My goal was to try and recreate it using flatout bread and of coarse eliminating the "deep fried" part.. I think my end result was perfection, and it definitely took me back to the days of working in the pub and enjoying the dessert, but now I can do so for only 6 smart points! Be sure to check out Flatout's store locator to see where you can get your hands on all their products, they have wraps, fold its and pizza breads that are all weight watchers friendly..
Flatout jam pancake sandwich
- Lay out your 2 flatout wraps, spread 1 tablespoon of jam onto each wrap. Fold over and then spread ½ tablespoon of jam onto each folded wrap, then fold over again (see picture).
- Warm a large frying pan on medium on stove top, spray pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl (Or measuring cup which is what I used) mix your flour, sugar, egg white and milk together. Pour over your folded wraps (do this on a plate not in frying pan) making sure you cover both sides, batter should be enough to cover both wraps.
- Transfer to your pan using a fork/spoon. Cook as you would pancakes, flipping over after a few minutes.
- Serve with your favorite low point ice cream or some fat free cool whip.
- Makes 2 servings at 6 smart points each (not incl ice cream) I did not figure the nutritional info out for this one, I just used the WW recipe builder since it is a few items.