Simple is what we all need these days! These chicken burrito bowls are so easy to put together, they are great for meal prep if you want them for lunches throughout the week. Feel free to add in some extras that won't add any more points depending on what program you are following, like black beans, cherry tomatoes or diced cucumber. You can also use grilled chicken instead of ground chicken, use the same spices to make a rub for the chicken breast. Based on the ingredients I used these tasty chicken burrito bowls are 4SP on blue, 1SP on purple, and 8SP on green.
Easy chicken burrito bowls
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Dash of Salt & pepper
- Pico de gallo *you can buy this pre-made or make it yourself.. 1 small tomato diced, ⅛ cup diced onion, 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno, little chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, pinch of salt & pepper.
- 2 cups cooked rice *I used white rice and added a squeeze of fresh lime juice, any rice is fine, if following purple use brown rice for 0SP
- 1 cup corn *canned or frozen *cook according to package
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Sliced avocado *optional
- Cook the rice according to the package, for 4 servings I made 2 cups of rice so each serving has ½ cup.
- Spray a large pan with some cooking spray and cook the ground chicken over medium heat, stir in all the seasonings and mix well, if it seems a little dry feel free to add a splash of water. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook the corn according to the package, you can also add black beans if you'd like.
- Make the pico de gallo if you did not buy this pre-made. Dice the tomato, onion and jalapeno pepper. Stir in the lime juice and salt/pepper. Add a little chopped cilantro.
- Now it is time to build the bowls, start with the rice and ground chicken, then add the pico de gallo, corn, shredded cheese (¼ cup per bowl is what I used) and finish off with some avocado. These are great to make for meal prep, they will be good in the fridge for a few days, I would add the sliced avocado only when you are ready to eat it.