I love Sunday mornings.... late Sunday mornings that is.. because I just know we were meant to stay in bed late on this day.. after all it is the day of rest. 🙂 This morning all my favorite ingredients decided to get together and make some yummy looking pancakes 😉 Chocolate, peanut butter and banana... need I say more?? The recipe served up 5 big pancakes and definitely left me feeling satisfied. Now remember anytime you incorporate mashed banana into pancakes (or anything for that matter) it is going to change the texture of them. These pancakes are more on the moist side and not fluffy, and if your okay with that you will love them, but if you have an issue with your textures then they might not be for you. 😉 I wont lie, it took me awhile when I first changed over to using apple sauce and banana in recipes but now I love it and actually prefer it, plus it totally saves you points! 🙂
Double chocolate peanut butter banana pancakes
- ¼ cup white flour
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1 t vanilla
- ⅓ cup almond milk I use unsweetened original
- 1 T light peanut butter melted (you could probably use PB2 as a replacement, I just don't use it)
- ½ T mini chocolate chips
- Mash up your banana and melt your peanut butter in the microwave, usually 2- 35 second rounds will do it.
- Mix your dry together then add your wet, including your banana and melted peanut butter. Leave just a small amount of peanut butter aside to drizzle pancakes with.
- Fold in your chocolate chips. I like to make my pancake mix up in a large measuring cup for easy pouring.
- Cook on your stove top on a sprayed griddle, flipping over when bubbles start to appear.Makes 5 large pancakes. drizzle with remaining peanut butter, 9sp or 7pp for all 5.
- Nutritional info (not incl banana) for all 5 pancakes.. Calories 281...Fat 10.2g... Saturated fat 3.2g... Carbs 41.4g... Fiber 6.2g... Sugars 5.8g... Protein 8.7g