This one is a keeper for sure!! I love baking up loaves, especially now the summer is slowly coming to and end and fall will be on the way. Chocolate and peanut butter always go hand in hand in my kitchen and this loaf does not disappoint! The drizzled peanut butter topping is just like the icing on cake to finish it off 🙂 Makes 10 slices at only 4 smart points each.
Double chocolate peanut butter banana loaf
4-5PP, 4sp (blue, green & purple)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white I use the carton of liquid egg whites, 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp light peanut butter I use Kraft
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 ripe mashed banana's
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat together your egg, egg whites and brown sugar. Add in vanilla, 2 Tbsp of your peanut butter (leaving one aside for topping), apple sauce and banana and mix well.
- Stir in your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Melt remaining Tbsp of peanut butter in microwave for about 45 seconds, using a spoon drizzle over your batter.
- Bake in oven for approx 45-50 minutes. Let cool for at least 45 minutes before cutting.
- Makes 10 slices at 4-5 personal points per serving depending on your 0PP foods, 4 smart points each on blue, green and purple, 3 points plus, best stored in the fridge.
- Nutritional info per slice (not incl banana's) Calories 125..Fat 3.5g..Sat fat 1.2g...Carbs 20.3g.. Fiber 1.5g... Sugar 4.7g... Protein 4.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This looks absolutely delicious. I wish I had some right now!
It was so delicious!! 🙂
Could I used Chocolate PB2 in this recipe? This looks fantastic! heading to the store for ingredients.
In it’s wet form it should be ok 🙂
Do you use unsweetened cocoa powder?
Mine is the Fry’s Cocoa, it does not say unsweetened, but the sugar count is 0g..
I made this on Sunday and Oh my goodness SO GOOD. My husband loved it. Definitely worth the points and worth making again.
Hi Kathy, so glad both you and your husband enjoyed it 🙂
Would it work to freeze the slices in ziplock bags?
Yes the loaf should freeze well 🙂
If the 2 bananas are 4 sps, and this recipe serves 10, then I suppose each serving would be 4.4 or rounded to 5 to be safe. I think I will make this and divide it up and freeze the remainder so that I don’t overdo. Thank you for all your wonderful recipes.
I’m not sure what your asking, the banana’s have no point value in the recipe , or do you mean 2 servings is more than 8 points?
Looks so good! You have a real talent for food we eat with our eyes and that stays low in points. Thank you. Do you have a Pinterest board I can follow?
Hi Lisa, thank you! 🙂 Yes I do, just search drizzle me skinny on Pinterest and you will find me
If I put this in small muffin tins for 10 muffins (l don’t cut evenly!), how long should they bake?
Hi, you mean regular sized muffins right? For mini muffins you will get way more than 10, reg sized muffins I would try 20 minutes and go from there
Thanks! Will try – looks great!
Any suggestions on what to substitute for bananas (food allergy)? Can i add extra applesauce?
Hi, yes you can try, it might change the overall texture/taste
What size loaf pan do you use? 8×4 or 9×5? Thanks!
standard, think its 9×5
Can the leftovers be frozen?
Yes absolutely 🙂
Made this yesterday and pretty much everyone loved it. Only issue was it was on the borderland dry. I’m guessing I left it in the oven a little to long.
Hi Jeffery, so glad everyone enjoyed it, could be a baking issue or maybe the banana’s you used were a little smaller, you can add in a pinch more applesauce next time to see if that helps
I substituted Lily’s chocolate chips, PB2 and Swerve brown sugar replacement to reduce the points down to 2pp on blue!!
Thanks for sharing Shari 🙂
I’m assuming when you say brown sugar you mean sugar alternatives like swerve?
Hi, no I mean brown sugar .. I do not use sugar alternatives but feel free to swap it out if you’d prefer