This one is a keeper for sure!! I love baking up loaves, especially now the summer is slowly coming to and end and fall will be on the way. Chocolate and peanut butter always go hand in hand in my kitchen and this loaf does not disappoint! The drizzled peanut butter topping is just like the icing on cake to finish it off 🙂 Makes 10 slices at only 4 smart points each.
Double chocolate peanut butter banana loaf
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white I use the carton of liquid egg whites, 2 Tbsp
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon light peanut butter I use Kraft
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 ripe mashed banana's
- 1 ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat together your egg, egg whites and brown sugar. Add in vanilla, 2 tablespoon of your peanut butter (leaving one aside for topping), apple sauce and banana and mix well.
- Stir in your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Melt remaining tablespoon of peanut butter in microwave for about 45 seconds, using a spoon drizzle over your batter.
- Bake in oven for approx 45-50 minutes. Let cool for at least 45 minutes before cutting.
- Makes 10 slices at 4-5 personal points per serving depending on your 0PP foods, 4 smart points each on blue, green and purple, 3 points plus, best stored in the fridge.
- Nutritional info per slice (not incl banana's) Calories 125..Fat 3.5g..Sat fat 1.2g...Carbs 20.3g.. Fiber 1.5g... Sugar 4.7g... Protein 4.3g