I wanted to bake up a new cookie.. but not just any old cookie, one packed with lots of goodness and leaves me feeling satisfied.. so say hello to my new favorite cookie 😉 These dark chocolate cranberry pecan oatmeal cookies are nothing short of wonderful, every bite is scrumptious and they are a nice filling cookie as well, 3 smart points each but I promise you it is 3 points well spent 🙂
Dark chocolate cranberry pecan oatmeal cookies
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cup oats I use Quaker oats similar to quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries I cut mine up into smaller pieces
- 2 squares 20g Lindt 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Spray a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 350F.
- Using an electric mixer, in a bowl beat together your brown sugar, melted butter and applesauce for 1 minute, add in your egg, egg white and vanilla and continue beating 2 minutes.
- Stir in your flour, oats, baking powder, soda and cinnamon.
- Fold in your pecan pieces, cranberries and chopped dark chocolate (I broke mine up in a small bag using a heavy glass)
- Drop by heaping Tbsp onto cookie sheet, you can press down slightly on cookies if you want, I choose not to.
- Bake in oven for approx 12 minutes, let cool 5 minutes.
- Best stored in sealed container in fridge,
- Makes 20 cookies at 3 smart points each (2PP)
- Nutritional info, per cookie.. Calories 76...Fat 2.3g..Sat fat 0.9g... Carbs 12.2g...Fiber 1g..Sugars 4.8g...Protein 1.8g