I had lots of blueberries hanging around, seeing as they are the only berry I can find at a reasonable price right now! So I created this tasty dark chocolate blueberry loaf, with just enough chocolate to soothe that sweet crave… Makes 10 nice sized pieces at 4 smart points each.
Dark chocolate blueberry loaf
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white 2Tbsp
- 1/2 cup almond milk may substitute for skim but will add a few points overall to recipe
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 squares 30g lindt dark 70% chocolate, broken up
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan.
- In a large bowl beat together your egg, egg white, apple sauce, and brown sugar.
- Stir in your milk and vanilla.
- Mix in your flour, baking powder and soda.
- Very gently fold in your blueberries and broken up chocolate (I break mine in a small bag using a heavy glass)
- Pour batter into your loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool then cut into 10 pieces, for best results store in sealed container in fridge. Loaf will freeze well. each slice is 4sp or 3pp
- Nutritional info (not incl berries) per slice.. Calories.. 127.. Fat 2.3g.. Saturated fat 1.1g... Carbs 22.6g... Fiber 0.9g.. Sugars 5.6g... Protein 3.6g