When summer turns to fall I immediately get excited to pull out my crock pot and start making soups. There’s nothing quite like a hot bowl of soup to warm you up on those chilly days. Its super easy and makes for a quick clean up after a meal. This potato and cauliflower soup sure does warm the soul and its only 4 smart points per 1 cup serving.
Creamy potato & cauliflower cheesy soup
- 4 medium peeled white potatoes
- 1/2 head of chopped cauliflower
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 cups of broth your choice
- 1/2 cup milk I use almond
- 2/3 cup light grated mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp aioli sauce optional
- 2 Tbsp light cream cheese
- salt/pepper to taste
- Cook the potatoes, cauliflower, onion and broth in crock pot on high for 4 hours or low 6 hours.
- Using a hand masher, mash up the potatoes and cauliflower while in the crock pot. Add the milk, cheeses and sauce and stir a few times.
- Leave on low and allow cheese to melt for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with grated cheese and bacon crumbs..(optional and not incl in point value) 4sp or 3pp per 1 cup serving.
- Nutritional info per serving (not incl cauliflower or onion) Calories.. 135...Fat 3.7g...Saturated fat 1.8g...Carbs 13.8g...Fiber 1.4g...Sugars 1.4g.. Protein 5g