It was a soup kind of day today. 🙂 I pulled out the crockpot, peeled some potato’s and made me some cheesy potato soup, well there was 6 hours between all of that but it was nice to run errands and do some chores while dinner cooked away. Some nights I just like having a nice hearty bowl of soup with some bread, its comfort food to me at it’s best, especially when it is cold out! This soup is full of potato’s and cheese, all for 3 smart points per 1 cup serving.
Creamy potato and cheese soup
- 6 medium sized potato's peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup almond milk I use unsweetened orginal
- 4 T light cream cheese
- 2/3 cup light shredded cheese I used a mozza/cheddar mix
- Peel and cut potato's and place in crock pot on low.
- Add in onions, garlic, salt & pepper to taste and chicken broth. Cook on low for approx. 6 hours. With a hand masher mash up potato's. Stir in milk, and cheeses, let cook for another 20-30 minutes so all the cheese melts.
- Garnish with some bacon bits and cheese (optional, and not incl in nutritional info) .. Yields approx. 10 cups at 3pp per serving.
- Nutritional info per cup ..Calories 101...Fat 3.2g...Saturated fat 0.8g... Carbs 16.7g...Fiber 1.3g..Sugar 1.3g...Protein 4g