I'm all about simple when these hot summer days roll in. Refreshing salads are the best to serve up when entertaining! This creamy cucumber salad is so easy to whip up and perfect for those summer BBQs! Simple ingredients, just 10 minutes, and this can be on your table. Serves 6 at just 40 calories, 1SP per serving on all MyWW programs or 1PP on WW personal points.
- English cucumbers
- Sour cream
- Greek yogurt
- White vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Fresh dill
- Salt & pepper
REASONS TO LOVE THIS SALAD
This cucumber salad is a simple and delicious recipe, it's creamy, refreshing and so flavorful.
It is quick and easy to make, just a few minutes, and this dish can be ready to serve.
This salad goes with just about anything and is a great side dish for any summer cookout or any time of the year! It pairs well with pretty much everything from grilled foods in the summer to hearty comfort foods in the winter, you can always start with a refreshing tasty cucumber salad.
I like to use English cucumbers since they are seedless and they have less water in them.
You do not need to peel the cucumbers, you can if you prefer to but it is thin enough that there is no reason to.
This salad is best served the same day as cucumbers can soften quickly, I would suggest preparing it no more than 1 hour prior to serving to it stays fresh and crisp. You could prep the dressing and let it chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight sealed container for 1-2 days, but my preference is to eat it on the day it is made.
Creamy cucumber salad
- 2 large english cucumbers
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fat free sour cream
- ¼ cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1.5 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Pinch Salt & pepper
- Cut the cucumbers into thin slices, dice the red onion and add to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix all other ingredients together, gently mix into the cucumber and onion.
- Store in the fridge, makes 6 servings, approximately ⅓ cup each.