I wanted to make a lasagna but switch it up a bit, so say hello to this delicious chicken & bacon alfredo lasagna. I made the sauce from scratch and it is so good. I think this one will be a new favorite in my house, and my husband took the left overs to work for the guys to enjoy, it got two thumbs up! Makes 9 servings at 7 freestyle smart points each.
- 1 cup light fresh cream (5%)
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp light butter (I used Gay Lea light)
- 2 oz light cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 4 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 12 oz (about 3 cups) cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup light shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices cooked center cut bacon (I use Wegman's brand)
- Boil and drain your noodles. Cook and drain your bacon, crumble into small pieces.
- Preheat oven 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat mix your cream, milk, butter and cream cheese together, stir and cook til the cheese melts. Then add in your garlic, italian seasoning, salt & pepper and 3 Tbsp of parmesan cheese (leave 1T aside) stir well.
- Start layering your lasagna, place 3 noodles on bottom of dish, top with 1 cup (4oz) shredded cooked chicken, ½ cup mozzarella cheese and ⅓ of your sauce, then layer 3 more noddles, 1 cup chicken, ½ of your crumbled bacon, (no cheese) and ⅓ of your sauce. Your last layer is 3 noodles, 1 cup of chicken, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, remaining sauce and bacon. Sprinkle your last 1 Tbsp of parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 35 minutes.
- Cut into 9 servings, each serving weighing approx 7oz.
- Lasagna will freeze well.
Smart points- 8 using SP calculator
Points plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 253...Fat 11.1g..Sat fat 6.5g...Carbs 21g.. Fiber 0.9g...Sugars 2.1g...Protein 18.4g using My Fitness Pal