I was in the mood for baking a loaf today, but not just any loaf, one that felt like it would be too many points to spare…and I think I came up with a good combination. This delicious loaf is full of cranberries, pecans and chocolate, and your taste buds will be happy! 🙂 Easy to make, and only 4 points per slice.
Cranberry, pecan & dark chocolate loaf
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 3 squares 30g 70% dark chocolate (I use the lindt bar)
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl mix all your dry ingredients together.
- Stir in your milk, apple sauce, egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Break up your chocolate squares, I use a small zip lock and just break them up using a heavy glass.
- Gently fold in your cranberries, pecans and broken up chocolate.
- Pour into your loaf pan, use a spatula to make sure you get all the batter in. Batter will be thick.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 10 slices, each slice is 4pp. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for best results.