I have a confession to make, I am not really a fan of hummus, it’s the chickpeas, I don’t really care for the taste or the texture. With the U.S Thanksgiving approaching, I wanted to create an easy appetizer dish to serve to guests that was point friendly, I was playing around with some cranberry ideas and then despite my dislike for hummus this recipe popped into my head 😉 So I decided to go for it, this was so easy to put together and can be on the table in 10 minutes. Considering I am not a hummus lover I actually did’nt mind this, the cranberry taste is nice and bold and it came together quite nicely. I did however consult with a hummus loving neighbor who gave it two thumbs up! The whole dish is just 4 smart points, making a generous serving of 1/4 of the dish just 1 point of WW freestyle.
- 1 can 19oz chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup frozen cranberries thawed (you can use fresh too)
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Dried parsley and pinch of paprika for topping
- more olive oil for topping *optional
- In a food processor mix all of your ingredients together till well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon hummus into a serving bowl, top with some whole cranberries, and a pinch of both dried parsley and paprika, optional to top with a little drizzle of olive oil.
- *The only points in the recipe is the 4SP for the 1Tbsp of olive oil, making 1/4 of the dish 1 smart point on WW freestyle
Smart Points- (green) 2 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 2 using a PP calculator
Nutritional info per 1/4 of dish.. Calories 85...Fat 3.9g...Sat fat 0.5g...Carbs 10.5g...Fiber 1.2g..Protein 2.5g *this incl all ingredients, the old SP/PP were determined before entering the cranberries into the ingredients