Christmas will be here before we know it, I have the pleasure of hosting it this year for my family and cooking for 19! I personally have never been a big stuffing fan, I think maybe because a staple ingredient is usually celery and well to be blunt I freaking HATE celery 😉 So I thought... well why not create my own stuffing with no celery...Ahhhh yes that's my perfect world..no celery anywhere 🙂 I filled my stuffing with delicious fruit YUM! This cranberry apple & pear stuffing is really easy to make and you can just pop it all in your crock pot and 1 hour later voila... 🙂
Cranberry apple & pear stuffing
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon egg whites
- 3 tablespoon melted reduced calorie margarine
- 2-120 g boxes of stove top stuffing I used the cornbread flavor.
- 1 apple diced (I left peel on)
- 1 pear diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Salt & pepper just a dash
- Plug your crock pot in and turn to high.
- Whisk your egg, egg whites, melted margarine and broth together and pour into crock pot.
- Place stove top stuffing into pot, then add your diced apple, pear, and onion.
- Mix in your dried cranberries, nuts, seasonings and salt/pepper. Give it a good stir and then let cook on high for 1 hour, stirring a few times. Best served same day, can keep warm in crock pot til ready to serve. Makes 8-1 cup servings ..(I think ½ cup serving as a side will be plenty) 1 cup serving is 6sp or 5pp, ½ cup serving is 3sp or 2pp..
- Nutritional info per 1 cup serving.. Calories 170.. Fat 4.7g... Saturated fat 0.5g... Carbs 29.5g... Fiber 1.6g... Sugars 7.3g... Proteins 4.5g