I have all the Christmas morning feels with this recipe. I wanted to bake up a simple yet delicious dish that would feed the whole family and this cinnamon french toast bubble up is just the thing. Sweet enough to feel like an indulgence but can definitely keep you on track. This dish can be whipped up in just a few minutes and popped in the oven. Serves 12 and on WW freestyle it’s just 4 smart points per serving.
- 2- 7.5 oz packs of buttermilk biscuits (see picture) I usually buy Great Value brand but these are Wegman's, make sure you use the right ones, there is 10 small biscuits in the pack and 1 whole pack is 17SP
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk, I used 1%
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- FOR THE ICING
- ⅓ cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 dish with some cooking spray.
- Open both rolls of biscuits and cut all 20 biscuits into 6 small pieces each, giving you 120 pieces of dough.
- Mix your 1 Tbsp of sugar and heaping tsp of cinnamon in a bag large enough for you to add the dough pieces too and shake, making sure to cover all of the pieces. The pieces will clump together so be sure to separate them while shaking the cinnamon sugar onto them.
- Place the dough pieces in your dish to cover the bottom evenly.
- In a bowl or pyrex measuring cup whisk your eggs and milk together, stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture over your dough pieces. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, you can now mix your icing sugar, milk and vanilla together and pour over the french toast bake while it is still warm.
- Let icing set and then cut into 12 equal servings.
Smart Points- (green) 5 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 136...Fat 3g...Sat fat 0.9g...Carbs 22.3g...Fiber 0.6g...Sugar 6.9g...Protein 4.8g