It's December 1st and officially Christmas month! I thought I'd ring in this new month with some christmas cookies, because let's face it christmas and cookies just go hand in hand right 😉 Shortbread has got to be an all time favorite classic christmas cookie.. but good old traditional shortbread is loaded with butter, hey butter is yummy and I love butter as much as the next person but when it comes to weight watchers and points, well you could blow a days worth of points on a few tablespoons of butter. 🙁 I was still able to create a shortbread "like" cookie by using less butter and adding in some yogurt, It's not going to be grandma's traditional shortbread by no means but it is very yummy and will help keep you on track with all those cookie swaps going on! Just 56 calories and 2 smart points per cookie.. Keep your eye out for more christmas cookies coming soon! 🙂
Christmas yogurt shortbread
- Preheat oven to 325F, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl cream together your butter, sugar, vanilla and yogurt.
- Slowly add in your flour, dough will become crumbly. Mix in your sprinkles.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Line a 9 inch square dish with some saran wrap, press your cookie dough into the dish. You won't be baking it in this dish this just helps form the dough and cut into cookies.
- Pat the dough down into the 9 inch dish so it is spread throughout, use the saran wrap to lift up dough from dish.
- Cut dough into 30 pieces, I used a pizza cutter, cut 5 across and 6 down.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake in oven for approx 15 minutes. Let cool
- Makes 30 cookies at 2 smart points each (1PP) Cookies are best stored in a seal tight container. Best stored in fridge after a few days.
- Nutritional info per cookie ..Calories 56...Fat 2.6g..Sat fat 1g...Carbs 6.8g... Fiber 0.1g...Sugar 1.6g..Protein 0.9g