Bit of a mouthful in that name.. I know… but it makes a delicious combination 🙂 I love baking a fresh loaf in the fall, the house smells delicious and it makes a great breakfast or dessert.. This chocolate pecan maple loaf was a result of “what do I have in my cupboard” 😉 and the end product was scrumptious.. Makes 10 large slices at 5 smart points each.
Chocolate pecan maple banana loaf
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup light table syrup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp chopped pecan pieces
- 1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix your flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer beat together your egg and brown sugar, add in mashed bananas, maple syrup and vanilla and continue beating.
- Pour your wet mixture into your dry and stir well. Add 2 Tbsp of your pecans (leave 1Tbsp aside for topping) and mix, then pour into your loaf pan.
- Top with remaining pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for approx 35 minutes, optional for a sticky topping when there is 5 minutes left in baking time drizzle 1 Tbsp light syrup on top of loaf and return to oven for the last 5 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 10 slices, store in an air tight container. Best stored in the fridge. Each slice is 5sp or 3pp.
- Nutritional info (not incl banana) per slice .. Calories 150... Fat 2.6g... Saturated fat 0.6g.. Carbs 25.5g... Fiber 1.5g... Sugars 9g... Protein 3.1g