It was hot and sticky today and the last thing I wanted to do was turn the oven on! These yummy ooey gooey messy cereal treats were the perfect thing to whip up, and only 2pp each. 🙂 Feel free to change up what kinds of cereal to use..
Chocolate cereal treats
Recipe type: Snacks
- 3 Tbsp reduced fat margarine
- 3.5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1.5 cups cheerios
- 1.5 cups sugar crisps
- 1.5 cups rice krispies (I used the crispix)
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Spray a 9x13 dish and set aside.
- Melt your margarine in the microwave for about 30-35 seconds
- Add your marshmallows and melt for 1.5-2 minutes in 30 second intervals stirring each time.
- Add all your cereal and mix well, fold in your chocolate chips.
- Place in your dish and spread out evenly, patting the mixture down.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 18 bars, each bar is 2pp. Store in fridge.