My first recipe in my new home....and it's a keeper!! 🙂 Despite my life being a little chaotic these last few weeks I still had all these crazy recipe creations running through my head, like these chocolate caramel cheesecake muffins. I promise they are so easy to make, its a cheesecake and also a delicious muffin at 5sp or 3pp each. Your family will love you for this one and you get to dive in as well, a win win! 🙂
Chocolate caramel cheesecake muffins
- 1- 7.5 oz package Pillsbury biscuits in the 4 value pack, or buy a bigger pack and weigh out
- 2 graham cracker squares 13g crushed, you can also use some pre-made graham crumbs
- 6 oz softened light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoon egg whites I buy the carton of "just egg whites"
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon sugar free caramel syrup I use smuckers
- 1.5 squares of Lindt 70% dark chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a regular sized 12 hole muffin pan with 10 cupcake liners, lightly spray liners.
- Cut your 10 biscuits into 8 pieces each.
- Crush up your graham crackers into a fine crumb and place into a small zip lock type bag, place 8 pieces of biscuits at a time in the crumbs and coat, place coated pieces into cupcake liner. Repeat with all 10 biscuits.
- In a bowl beat together your cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg whites, milk and vanilla until nice and creamy.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture on top of biscuit pieces, about 1 heaping tablespoon on each, shake your pan out a bit to even out the cream cheese mixture and let it settle.
- Bake in oven for 18 minutes, remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave for 35 second intervals, turning each time until melted. Place your caramel sauce in a small zip lock and cut a tiny hole in corner of the bag, I find this helps drizzle better than coming out of the container. Drizzle caramel over the muffins, then using a small spoon drizzle your chocolate. Store in fridge, each muffin is 5PP, 5SP or 3 points plus.
- Nutritional info.. Per muffin.. Calories 130.. Fat 4.5g... saturated fat 2.3g... Carbs 19g... Fiber 0.5g... Sugars 6.7g... Protein 3.1g