Instead of regular spaghetti and meatballs be adventurous and try out these new chicken parmesan meatballs, they are so tasty and filling! Easy to make and sure to be a family hit, the cheese middles are a delicious addition and a serving of 3 meatballs is just 2 weight watcher freestyle smart points.
- 1 lb raw fat free ground chicken
- ⅓ + ¼ cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp italian seasoning
- 4 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 light mozzarella cheese strings
- Preheat oven to 375F, line a large baking sheet with some parchment paper and lightly spray.
- In a bowl mix together your chicken, ⅓ cup of panko, egg, salt & pepper, garlic, onion powder, italian seasoning and 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Roll into 15 balls, about a heaping Tbsp of the mixture. Mix your ¼ cup of panko crumbs and remaining 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese together and sprinkle out onto a flat plate.
- Cut your 2 cheese strings into 8 pieces each, best to cut in middle, then cut those 2 pieces in and repeat till you have 8 small pieces, yes you will have one piece leftover.
- Remove some of your chicken mixture to allow you to place the small piece of cheese inside then roll back into a ball.
- Roll your meatballs in the panko/parmesan mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning over after 10 minutes.
- Makes 15 meatballs, they can be frozen, cooked or uncooked.
Smart points- 4 using SP calculator
Points plus- 5 using PP calculator
Nutritional info- Calories 185...Fat 5.3g...Sat fat 2.6g..Carbs 7.2g...Fiber 0.3g...Sugar 1g... Protein 27.9g per serving ( 3 meatballs) using My Fitness Pal