I don’t eat much Chinese food but I love chicken fried rice, I had this crazy idea to turn it into one of my ever so popular bubble up dishes and boy was I happy I did! This chicken fried rice bubble up casserole is so good and full of flavor, easy to make and a great family meal! You can add in extra veggies if you wish.. Makes 6 servings at 260 calories and 6 freestyle smart points each.
- 1 7.5 oz pack of biscuit dough (these are the small packs that come with 10 small biscuits, I buy mine at Walmart in the U.S, you can use a larger pack and weigh out 7.5 oz, just be sure to cut your dough into small pieces)
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 cup carrots (cut in small pieces, I used frozen but cooked them in microwave prior to adding)
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 8 oz cooked shredded chicken (about 2 cups)
- 3 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg, cooked and scrambled
- 1½ cups cooked white rice
- 1 284ml can low fat cream of chicken soup (see picture)
- Make sure your rice and chicken are pre-cooked.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large frying pan heat your oil over medium heat, add in garlic, carrots and onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut your 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces each and cover the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Cook your egg in a separate small frying pan, you want it scrambled.
- Add your chicken, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and rice to your veggies. Stir well.
- Once your egg is cooked and scrambled add to your chicken/rice mixture.
- Stir in your can of soup and mix well.
- Use a large spoon and scoop mixture on top of your dough pieces.
- Cover dish with foil and bake in oven 40-45 minutes or until dough pieces seem cooked right through. Cut into 6 equal servings.
Smart points- 7 using SP calculator
Points plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving (incl veggies) Calories 260...Fat 5.4g...Sat fat 0.6g...Carbs 39.2g...Fiber 1.8g...Sugars 3.6g...Protein 14g using My Fitness Pal