I love simple and tasty meals, something every family member can enjoy and doesn’t take the whole day to prepare. Pasta bake dishes are great for family meals and this chicken enchilada pasta bake was delicious! It is easy to whip up, no fancy ingredients, and comes together quickly. I always prep some shredded chicken for the week in my crockpot as we typically eat it 2-3 times weekly, you can just cook boneless breast in some broth, on high about 3-4 hours then shred with a couple of forks, it will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days and you can even freeze it for easy use later. This pasta bake serves 6 at 6SP on blue, 7SP on green, and 3SP on purple if using whole wheat pasta.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (8oz)
- Can of Rotel finely chopped tomatoes with green chilies (284ml)
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup corn (frozen or canned is fine, if canned then drained)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cups pasta (weighed uncooked) penne or a rotini is fine
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Black diced olives for topping *optional
- Boil pasta according to package, remove from water and let cool
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl mix the cooked shredded chicken, rotel tomatoes, corn, onion, pasta and enchilada sauce.
- Pour out into the casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, remove foil, sprinkle with shredded cheese and top with diced olives, return to oven for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Makes 6 servings, approximetly a heaping cup each.
Smart points- blue- 6 using WW recipe builder
Smart points- purple- 3 using WW recipe builder *only if using whole wheat pasta
Points plus- 6 using PP calculator
Nutritional info... Calories 229...Fat 6.5g..Sat fat 3g...Carbs 26.7g...Fiber 1.8g...Sugar 3.9g...Protein 16.5g using My Fitness Pal *Note- these numbers include all ingredients, even 0SP foods