It was cold and snowy today, so I wanted to make some comfort food for dinner. Pasta bakes scream comfort food for me, and yes you can still enjoy a little pasta while living the weight watcher lifestyle. 🙂 This chicken & broccoli alfredo pasta bake was so easy to make and if your anything like me and not a big vegetable eater, a great way to get in some greens! It serves up 6 decent sized portions at only 5 freestyle smart points per serving.
Chicken & broccoli alfredo pasta bake
- 2 cups cooked of a high fiber pasta
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2/3 cups light alfredo sauce I used a PC blue menu brand found in Canada
- 1/4 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cups light grated cheese
- 1 T finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 T bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Have your chicken cooked and ready to go. I cooked my boneless chicken breasts with a little broth in the crockpot on low for 4 hours, it shreds very well. Also have your pasta cooked by boiling on the stove.
- Mix all of the above ingredients together in a bowl except the parmesan cheese and bacon bits.
- Spread mixture out into your 9x13 sprayed dish and top with parmesan cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake in oven for approx. 25 min. Serves 6 at 5 SP freestyle, 6sp or 6pp per serving.
- Nutritional info, not including broccoli, per serving.. Calories 218... Fat 5.3g... Saturated fat 2.8g... Carbs 24.5g... Fiber 2.7g... Sugars 1.2g... Protein 18.6g