I discovered it was national mac and cheese day today so I thought why not play along! 😉 Mac & cheese is so good but usually pretty high on points, however with lightening up this recipe I was able to keep these delicious creamy cheesy macaroni cups at only 4 PP or SP each! If whole wheat pasta is a 0PP food for you then you can use it and lower the points on them.
Cheesy bacon mac & cheese cups
- 2 cups macaroni pasta measured dry, so about 4 cups cooked I use a high fiber pasta that keeps points down a little.
- 4 slices cooked low point bacon I use Oscar Mayer center cut
- 1 egg
- 4 oz softened light cream cheese
- 100 g plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk I used 1%
- 2/3 cup light mozzarella shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp light ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp panko crumbs
- Cook your pasta according to package and set aside. Also cook your bacon strips and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 12 muffin pan generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat your egg. Add in cream cheese, yogurt,milk, ranch dressing and shredded cheese (leave about 1-2 Tbsp of cheese aside for topping)
- Stir in your cooked pasta and add 2/3 of your crumbled bacon. Mix well and spoon into your 12 muffin cups. You will want to stuff as much as you can in to each cup.
- Top with your panko crumbs, remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Let cool 5-10 minutes. Using a knife carefully slide around the muffins to pull them out. Makes 12 muffins at 4 PP or SP each. Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
- Nutritional info, per cup.. Calories 117... Fat 4.6g... Saturated fat 2.2g... Carbs 12.8g... Fiber 1.4g... Sugars 1.8g... Protein 6.3g