If any of you know me well from my Instagram profile, then you know I don't have the best relationship with veggies 😉 In all my life I have never been a big veggie eater, and I have tried to like them I promise! I do eat some, but it's pretty limited.. I kept seeing cauliflower rice popping up on my Instagram account and while I was skeptical I thought I would give it a go. I am not a fan of cauliflower on it's own but I do thoroughly enjoy it in a blended soup. When I was in my 20's I had a roommate that would make me the best bacon fried rice and I swear I could eat bowl after bowl of it. So I thought if I am going to try this cauliflower version out then I might as well make the most of it, and one way to get me to eat a vegetable would be adding bacon 😉 Now I am not going to lie to you, to me it does not taste like rice, however to my surprise and delight it was amazing! I gobbled up a huge bowl and I will definitely be making more versions of this! 🙂
Cauliflower fried rice with bacon
- Fresh cauliflower
- 6 slices cooked low point bacon I use Oscar Mayer center cut, 2 slices=1pp
- Cook your bacon, keep a little of the bacon grease aside.
- Wash your cauliflower and break up into small pieces. Add to your food processor and blend til a small rice texture forms, should only take a few seconds.
- I made 4 cups worth of "cauliflower rice" and only used ⅓ of my head of cauliflower.
- Add a small spoonful of your bacon grease to your frying pan or skillet and heat on medium. Add cauliflower rice and pepper (to liking).
- Crumble your bacon pieces up and add to pan. Cook on stove for 10-15 minutes turning often.
- Serve immediately, makes 4-1 cup servings at 1sp or 1pp each.
- Nutritional info (not including cauliflower, as with smart points you do not need to include the veggies in recipe builder) per 1 cup serving.. Calories 45... Fat 2.6g... Saturated fat 1.1g... Carbs 0g... Fiber 0g... Sugars 0g... Protein 4g..