If you live in Canada like myself then I am sure at some point you have had a caramilk bar, they are one of my favorite chocolate bars and I love freezing them too :). For my U.S friends you have one similar called caramello. I was determined to bake something up using my favorite chocolate and still making it weight watchers friendly, so these delicious and decadent caramel bars were created. These bars are super easy to make and taste amazing.. Only 4 smart points each!
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white I use 2T liquid egg whites
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoon smuckers caramel sauce leave 1T aside for topping
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 50 g caramilk bar frozen is best (or a similar bar)
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9 inch baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a bowl beat together your egg, egg white and sugars. Add in 2 tablespoon of your caramel sauce (leave 1T aside) apple sauce, milk and vanilla and stir well.
- Mix in your flour, baking powder and soda.
- Chop up your frozen caramilk bar into small pieces, this is easier when bar is frozen,
- Mix into your batter as well as the chocolate chips.
- Pour into your baking dish then drizzle your remaining caramel sauce on top.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 min, let cool then cut into 12 bars. Each bar is 4 personal points or 4 smart points or 3 points plus.
- Nutritional info per bar.. Calories 107..Fat 1.9g..Saturated fat 0.9g...Carbs 20.6g...Fiber 0.5g...Sugars 10g... Protein 2.2g