Before the holiday season approached I was given a whole bunch of Weight Watcher food products from the kind folks at WW Canada to see if I could maybe get inspired to create something. I was eating one of the packs of mini pretzels one night when it dawned on me that it had been awhile since I made a new donut recipe...so say hello to these delicious caramel pretzel donuts.. OMG I am in love with these donuts, they are the perfect salty & sweet baked up treat, just 3 smart points each. I'll be thinking of some other fun recipes to create with other WW food products so stay tuned!
Caramel pretzel donuts
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon egg whites I use liquid egg whites in the carton
- 2.5 tablespoon sugar free caramel sauce pic below
- ⅓ cup milk I used 1%
- 2 bags weight watchers mini pretzels 18g bags *Or any pretzels will work *Update these bags have since been discontinued but any pretzels will do the trick
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray your 6 hole regular donut pan with non stick spray.
- In a bowl mix together your flour, sugar, baking powder and soda.
- Stir in your milk, egg whites, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce (leave the 1.5 tablespoon out for now)
- You want to crush one bag of your pretzels into crumbs, I opened one end and then used a heavy glass to make them into crumbs. Stir into your donut batter.
- Spread batter evenly into your 6 hole donut tin.
- Bake in oven for approx 12 minutes.
- Once donuts are cooled down carefully remove from tin using a knife around the edges.
- Use 2 plates and on one add your 1.5 tablespoon caramel sauce and add 1 teaspoon of water, mix well.
- Crush your other bag of pretzels into crumbs and spread out onto another plate. Dip donuts in the caramel then into the pretzel crumbs.
- Makes 6 donuts at 3 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs (3PP) best stored in a sealed tight container.
- Nutritional info per donut.. Calories.. 104...Fat 0.9g...Sat fat 0.1g...Carbs 22.1g...Fiber 1g...Sugar 3.2g...Protein 1.8g